Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nathalie Kalbach Stencil Blog Hop :) :) :)


Hello Hellooooo :)

Guess who is getting to create again using Nat Kalbach's new stencils??!!!! :)  The awesome Nathalie Kalbach is at it again with her fabulous designing and sharing of the creative love :)

Nat has organised an awesome blog hop to show case her fabulous new designs with Stencil Girl Products!!




You realllllly must go check out all of her amazing new designs >>> HERE :) :) :)

So the fabulous stencil that I had the honour of creating with is the Standup Bass :)



What is Not to love about this stencil!!!

This is a layout that I created using Nat's cool Standup Base Stencil





I have used some embossing medium with the standup base stencil to reproduce a dimensional image on my layout background. To highlight the pattern I have used a Gelato and precious metal colour paint . I just love how the combination of these 2 mediums highlights the standup base image.


From this close up you can see that I have created a clear heat embossed standup base image on my background.


Using a gelato I have partially coloured the inside space of the base image.


I have then started to fill in the rest of the inside space of the base by using a wet paint brush on the gelato.


I have then spritzed this with water and dried off with a heat gun.


I have added a few extra splats of precious metal colour paint inside the base, spritzed it with water, and allowed some to dribble down the layout before drying it off with a heat gun.


So here are the amazing creatives who are sharing their art with you on this blog hop!


Louise Nelson <<< You are Here :) :) :)



Aaaaand I'm pretty sure you might find a GIVEAWAY over at Nat's Blog :) BUT...she tells me if you comment here too you will have another entry into her giveaway! As a matter of fact she will give you an entry into the giveaway for each blog you comment on--how cool is that! Nathalie gives away one of the this Standup Base Stencils. You have six chances to win it. Leave a comment on each of the listed blogs and on my blog  and let us know how you like the projects and Nathalie will pick randomly one lucky winner. You have time to comment till August 27th, 2013 - midnight EST.
Soooooo what are you waiting for??? :) 
Go hit the Blog hop HOP :) :) :)
There is loads of amazing inspiration just for YOU!!!!
Cheers for now,
Louise :) xxx

41 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Sooo love this so much!!!! Beautiful layout and love the technique you showed! - Thank you for hopping along with me!

Clare Lloyd said...

wow! fab page and love the technique you used. thanks for sharing. x

Rebecca said...

Hey Lou. I love coming to your blog and seeing how you use different art mediums. One day I might even pull out some of my supplies and give the sprinting of gelatos a go :) thanks for sharing

juliek said...

Love the embossing - great idea!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Stunning!! The colors are perfect together! Lovely design as always- so inspiring!

Julie Gillespie said...

Loving what everyone is doing with this stencil! Your layout is fantastic!!!

Cuchy said...

Your work is always a "colour explosion" I love it!

pat said...

Great layout! Can't wait to try it! Must go shopping and get gelatos!

Gill said...

Love it!
I love the colours - great stencil!!

Gunvor said...

I just love the technique you used with the stencil, and the result is really stunning! Thanks för sharing!

funkycrafter said...

Fun page. I like your use of gelatos.

funkycrafter said...

Great layout. I like your use of gelatos.

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful page! I love the colors use used with the stencil. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Kate M said...

Oh no more encouragement for new supply buying. Thank you for sharing.

Kate M said...

I love the freedom this layout evokes. Thanks for sharing.

Pat K said...

Wow what a look! Love your technique!

Cecilia said...

I love the effect with the water!! Thanks for sharing!!

Madeline Rains said...

I love your work too. This layout sings.

Scrapin'Sue said...

I really like what you did with this stencil.

Jean said...

Wow - amazing! You layout is so cooL!

Gainesville Summer Art Camp said...

This is so pretty. Thank you for sharing such good photos showing your process.

Unknown said...

Neer thought to use embossing powder with a stencil. Will be giving that a go.

tape said...

Love your techniques and the stencil!

cHim-prints said...

So very creative... and beautiful! I love it.

Carolyn Dube said...

This is absolutely stunning- the way you use white space and draw the eye with your thread and drips- absolutely stunning- did I mention stunning?

Jessica Ann Lane said...

Thank you for this beautiful tutorial.

Pilgrim said...

So simple and yet so amazing. I love this layout. New idea for using my gelato's

Anonymous said...

Thank you dor this beautiful inspiration and the step by step!

Jackie said...

absolutely love how you used Nat's stencil!
jackie

Unknown said...

wow - I absolutely love what you did here with Nat's stencil. Fabulous embossing and water colors. And that string - looks like lines of music bringing it all together.

Angi in hana said...

i love your art and what u did with this gorgeous cello! tx for sharing some awesome tips with us! aloha, angi

Lori said...

This is a really neat technique - I love the page you created with it! Thanks for the cool tips :)

Vicki Romaine said...

I love the final piece with the splattered look.

Mrs. B said...

Very creative. TFS

Create Beauty with Laurajo said...

Very cool technique. Love me some gelatos and love what you've created with the embossing technique. Thanks for sharing your lovely page!

Ann said...

c'est WOW! I love this!

Paperfanatic said...

Stunning!

Katia said...

thank you very much for sharing this wonderful step by step, your creation is fantastic, I loved it!

cal8007 said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Louise! I must be more free with my paint, love the drips!!

Carmen L

Chantalle said...

What a magical surprise that double bass is

Mette said...

Well what can I say? I just love your style! Fantastic!